Friday, April 30, 2010

Sunday Postcard Art - Oriental Theme

I am so excited that Mandy & Donna at PSA chose "Oriental" as the theme this week! I watched Mae West in a clip from a movie a couple weeks ago...she was singing "I'm an occidental woman in an oriental mood for love..." Well, I just adored this idea, so I was mulling over a way to do an artwork with this theme anyway. I also remembered how beautiful and exotic Myrna Loy looked in The Mask of Fu Manchu. And I can never forget Doris Day in Glass Bottom Boat as Mata Hari. So without further ado, here is my entry inspired by classic cinema and SPA. For this I used an antique postcard, various brushes and textures I created, as well as some Dover elements.

And as a little bonus, a treat for you, here are my inspirations:
Mae West, Myrna Loy and Doris Day. Enjoy!




2 comments:

Sandy said...

OMG your entry is stunning.
Unbelievable.

Fandango Moon said...

Thank you so much!!